Over the last five years and completing over 1200 massages I have noticed certain patterns in people.
There is, perhaps, a relationship between the part of the body holding muscle tension and with what is going on in your life.
What important message is your body letting you know and what can you change to release the tension?
1, Start by sitting quietly and begin to notice where in your body you hold the stress tension.
2, Next think about what is going on in your life right now causing you stress?
3, Have a read through the ideas below to see if anything rings true.
4, Decide on a simple action to take to reduce the stress/tension in that area.
- Do you have a cluttered mind, too much on your plate?
- Are you saying yes too often?
- Are you failing to commit to your priorities and allowing others to use your time?
Neck and Shoulder tension:
- Are you feeling unable to voice your opinions?
- Are you living with the ‘children are seen and not heard’ message constantly playing out,
- Are you not owning or understanding your value?
Lower back tension:
- How often are you creative?
- Do you have a hobby?
- Are you actively expressing yourself?
- Do you have a physical activity during which you can release any built-up emotional tension?
- Is your life feeling unsettled at the moment?
- Are you going through an emotional or mental shift?
- Are you taking care of your body?
- Is your home in need of a declutter?
Have a think about which areas in your body you felt muscle tension and choose a small action you can take today to release it. Here are some suggestions.
- Use a journal and brain dump
- Create a vision board and determine your boundaries
- Being a hobby or creative endeavour
- Book a massage to get you started – click here