Self care: do you have everyday rituals to keep yourself in tip top condition?
We absolutely and selfishly need to put ourselves first.
It is only then we can do a better job of supporting and giving to others. Your health and well being must take a priority because no one else can do it for you.
Everyone is super busy these days and as a busy mumpreneur type person, the more I have prioritised my self care rituals the benefits have been:
– feeling better in general,
– more energy I have with my kids
– better sleep
– more patience
– less overwhelm
– much more productive
– generally much happier
Self care doesn’t need to be laborious or time consuming. Here’s a few habits you can fit into your day to improve your health that take 5 minutes or less.
- Wake up: drink water (1 litre)
- Eat a protein based breakfast
- Read a few pages of an inspiring book
- A set of 10 squats while waiting for the kettle to boil
- Listening to a power song playlist whilst on the school run
- A 5 minute meditation before pick up
- 2 minutes to write in a gratitude journal before bed.
Within 1 month you will begin to see changes in your body which will make you feel good, just keep going!
Looking for more help maintaining your healthy habits?
Join our Self Care Facebook Group